This week in science we made fly growth charts. the chart goes by weeks, which is 3 week that we are recording. we have to figure out how many flies will be born and grown into adults in 3 weeks. We also made independent variable and dependent variable hypothesis. Lastly we made step by step procedures on how to choose a combination of flies, putting them to sleep, removing them and determining which ones are female and male, putting food in an other jar for them and placing them in the new jar and sealing them in.
I learned that fruit flies grow very fast and that the first batch of of flies that were born on the 1st day would turn in to adults on day 7 of the 2nd week. from that day more and more flies will turn in to an adult and they will start making eggs 2 days after becoming adults. I also learned what independent, controlled and dependent variables were.
Hypothesis: If I put 2 female flies and 1 male in a jar with a food source, then I expect to see 323 adult fruit flies, because there are 3 original flies and 40 eggs are being layed each day after 14 days the eggs that were layed on the 1st day become adults. after the 14th day 40 more eggs will become adults everyday.


0 comments:
Post a Comment