BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This Week In Science :)

 When we firsts started  this blogging stuff we had to create a post about our 1st impressions of blogs and frogs.  i have done blogging in the past when i was in middle school. We had to customize our blogs how ever we wanted. i spent a lot of time trying to find something that i liked. After that day was the day we were doing part 1 dissection of the huge ugly frog. That day we were figuring out the sex of the frog and taking down notes about what we notice. After we discovered that our frog was a female,e we named her Susan. when we opened Susan's stomach we found out that she was very very pregnant. She had lots of greenish gushy stuff which was her eggs. On dissection day part 2 we got a worksheet explaining that we were to discover and cut out the organs and put them on their proper place on the sheet of paper. This was fun.


  After this exciting experience i learned that frog can jump up to 20 times there body length; i thought that was cool. i learned that we could tell if a frog was a girl or boy by the way there thumbs on there hands were big or small. i learned that frogs had very little tiny teeth. i also learned that if u skin a frog their meat looks like chicken. YUM!!!! i leaned that frogs have gross tentacle squishy things that are called fat bodies. fat bodies are these weird things that are on the lower torso but i really didnt learn what they do.


 These are some pictures of our experiment

This picture show Me, Stephaney and Nicole trying to open up the frogs
 mouth. It didn't want to open and it took the three of us to pry it open.
 I chose this picture because I thought it was so funny how none of us
could get it open. :)
 



 was pregnant an had a massive amount of eggs inside her. I chose this
 picture because i thought it was cool that the frog had eggs :)

 


This picture shows what the frog's intestines looked like after my group
and I removed all of her eggs. I chose this picture because i just wanted to
 show what the insides look like with out all the frog eggs in the way. :)
 



This picture shows us trying to take out the stomach. I chose this picture
 because I think the stomach looks like a shrimp. :)
 



this picture shows all of the frogs organs that we found and organized
of the sheet of paper. this part of the project was fun ( it was like a frog
 organ scavenger hunt) I chose this picture because i wanted to show all
 of the organs we found
 








0 comments: